UPDATE: We may have written this in 2012 but it’s just as relevant today, in 2019! Hyatt Lost Pines is still one of our favs for corporate events in the Austin area and that’s a real testament to this property. Even today they are just as current as ever. They continue to wow us and wow our clients with their wonderful service and fabulous spaces.
We’re about to wave a little goodbye to 2012 here at Yellow Umbrella Events and say “how do you do” to 2013. For us that means looking forward into the next year and deciding on what venues we’re going to be contracting for the various corporate events we’re planning for next year. As we’re reviewing our list we thought it would be fun to share with you some of our favorite venues in the Austin, Texas and Hill Country areas.
Our first favorite venue is Hyatt Lost Pines, located just outside of Austin in the Bastrop area. Hyatt Lost Pines is one of those places that seems like it’s worlds away even though it’s actually really close to the city. (It’s the same distance to the Austin airport as Barton Creek.) We are completely in love with this venue for hosting corporate events, particularly for multi day retreats, conferences, and trade shows, because of their on site lodging and a plethora of activities. It’s a great place to get down to business but allows you to bring the family along too. Your kids will beg you to bring them with you – just like ours do! Trust me when I tell you that this is not your ordinary stuffy hotel! It’s a relaxing oasis of pools (complete with waterslide), hot tubs, walking and biking trails (where they supply the bikes), horseshoes, world class spa, fabulous restaurants, stunning golf course, and much more, set a nearly ten minute drive off the highway through a nature preserve. With all of their fabulous amenities you’ll never even have to leave the resort during your stay!
This great escape affords business travelers the chance to truly unwind, from the moment they arrive on site to the moment the valet helps them load their belongings into their SUV to send them back out into the world. It’s kind of hard to imagine how work can actually feel like work here! But it’s not just a great place to chill, disguised as a meeting and event space. They have street cred too! Check it out:
- Over 60,000 square feet of indoor function space
- 230,000 square feet of outdoor event space, featuring the LBJ Pavilion for concerts and dinners
- Full-service business center and high-speed Wi-Fi Internet
- Expert friendly staff to ensure your events run smoothly, including meeting planners, catering managers and audio-visual experts
- Unique team-building activities
- Incredible on-site activities, including a world-class spa, water park, nature trails, river adventures, live entertainment and more
- Outstanding events for families, featuring specially created programs for kids, sightseeing, shopping and more
- 491 guestrooms, with plush Hyatt Grand Beds (TM), generous work area and deluxe amenities
- The Litton House for luxurious VIP accommodations
And no need to bring your own a/v equipment. They’ve got you covered with:
- Experts on-site staff to help you formulate and execute your ideas
- Comprehensive selection of high-tech equipment, including digital audio, professional cameras, and projection
- Exhibit displays with flat screen and plasma monitors
- Computers and networking capabilities, to link across the room, or around the hotel
- Internet cafe set-up as large or small as you need
- Concert-quality sound system, to make sure your message gets across
Overall, Hyatt Lost Pines is one of our favorite choices for corporate meetings and conferences and we consider it our “go to” venue for these types of events. If you’re interested in reviewing what Hyatt Lost Pines has to offer you and your company, please connect with us HERE. Are you planning to be in the area? We’d love to take you out for a tour!
Owner, Yellow Umbrella Events
Austin’s Corporate Event Planner