– This is a guest post from Honeyfund. They connected with us about their desire to share the value they see in their couples hiring a wedding planner. Here’s some of their thoughts on why you should hire a wedding planner, like us!
Your wedding day is exciting and the biggest day in your life thus far. You hire professional photographers, so you get quality memories of the day. You buy your wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses from experts in the industry. Your cake is prepared by experienced and well-known bakers. Travel agents book your honeymoon. So why would you skip hiring a wedding planner? Why would you put yourself in such a massively responsible role on your wedding day?
One reason is overconfidence. You are very confident in the wedding professionals you have selected. They come highly recommended and they are worth every penny. However, they are experts at their skill. They are not paid to make sure that their products line up with the timeline of the other wedding professionals involved. It is the art of bringing these pros and products together on time and as promised that makes your wedding a success.
You may think you have the skill and time to do this. It is a lot more work than you know. Even professional wedding planners hire wedding planners for their wedding day.
- Nothing ruins a wedding (and a wedding picture) like the stress of the day written on the faces of the couple. A wedding planner removes that stress. They oversee the entire event with the eyes of experience and allow the couple to be excited about their big day. Minor issues are dealt with without frustrating a stressed or nervous couple.
- There is only so much time available during an actual wedding. There are particular times allowed for the use of the venue, the reception hall, reception, and photographs. Going past those times is very costly and could delay another wedding scheduled behind yours. You would not want to ruin another couples wedding, because your people cannot keep to their schedule. A wedding planner keeps everyone on schedule. They allow for minor delays and they watch out for time zappers that will throw off the schedule.
Experience is Everything
- Wedding planners know the needs and desires of the couple. They have a better conception of the day than an inexperienced person who has not walked every mile of this wedding journey with the couple. From the gown ordering, to the delivery of the limousine, the wedding planner has her finger on the pulse of things. They work together with the photographer to make sure the schedule accommodates them with things like natural lighting, scenery shots, and adjustments as needed to give the couple their perfect wedding album. In a way, they make sure he has a great venue in which to do his magic.
- There is nothing worse than a wedding where no one knows what the others are doing. People are bumping into each other trying to get their part of the job done. People who have no idea what they are doing “help” and can throw off everything. Tempers flare and soon the atmosphere is one of frustration. No one knows who to communicate with, so they head right for the couple. On the wedding day, the couple are a little busy. They do not have time to settle arguments or come up with ideas at the last minute. A photographer could be stuck in the middle while he is losing beautiful sunset shots outside. Once lost, they cannot be recovered.
If you have set up a honeymoon registry by Honeyfund to help with the expenses of the trip, your wedding planner can even connect you with amazing travel agents who can help you choose the right honeymoon option, depending on the amount of funds you have gathered.
Your wedding planner will also have a variety of back up plans in place, if things don’t go according to your best laid plans. It is always good to have a plan B.
Trust your wedding planner to make your wedding the wedding of your dreams.